Interactive Workshop on S = Subdivide©
Take a goal or project: break it down into identifiable and measurable components so you can evaluate present strengths and weaknesses.
Prior to Meeting Option
Choose a Workshop Organizer to review the guidelines, keep the discussion on track and evenly distribute time for sharing between participants.
Review the guidelines at the start of each meeting
- Learn from the past but don’t dwell on it. Keep it “Now and Next”.
- Complaining and blaming is a waste of time. Positive interactions only.
- Practice confidentiality as a respect to other members.
- Be discreet with sensitive information.
- No political posturing. Please don’t use Achieveopedia to air your political views.
- Refrain from small talk during workshops to keep a constructive purpose to conversation.
- Introduce yourself and share what you hope to achieve through this workshop?
- Choose one or more Power Lines to work on during this work shop.
- Discuss what Power Lines would be helpful to accomplish your personal and professional goals.
Discuss key points of the training information:
- Hi-light key points of the workshop and discuss how they are relevant to your situation.
- How would the ability to identify and modify weaknesses in these Power Lines impact your business or the quality of your life?
- Feel free to add any additional ideas or suggestions to the discussion.
- Choose the action steps and perspectives (Strategic Options) from this workshop that will increase your personal effectiveness moving forward.
- How are you going to integrate these Strategic Options into your weekly Power Circuit?
Power Lines and Power Gaps
Power Lines design an infra-structure, diagnose strengths and weaknesses, analyze obstacles and expose areas for needed growth or new opportunities. They influence both expectations and effectiveness.
The objective of a Power Line is to:
- Subdivide our needs
- Structure our mission
- Strategize our action
- Synchronize our success
The most efficient way to guarantee the successful conclusion of a goal or project, is to identify all the components that are needed for a triumphant victory. Then isolate and modify any weak areas that could jeopardize a victorious conclusion.
Each area is independent in design but collectively they support the goal you are hoping to achieve.
One or two unchecked weaknesses may sideline a goal, ruin a career, derail a company or immobilize a dream. Serious achievers can’t afford to buy into the philosophy of ignoring weaknesses and just focusing on strengths. It’s a recipe for disaster!
To win the battle we need to take on the heart of a warrior and courageously face our obstacles head-on. You’ve heard it said, “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer”. Expose the weakness, identify your obstacles and be proactive solving the problem! We need to win these battles if we expect to win the war!
On the positive side, breakthroughs happen by addressing those weaknesses having the most negative influence and integrating new ideas that may have the greatest positive impact.
Action alone won’t get the job done. The best results require strategically focused action! Target the most effective ideas into your most needed areas for growth and development. We call this “Focused Relevance”.
All you may need are a few minor but powerful adjustments at the right spot. The key is knowing where to hit the hammer.
Achievement takes time, effort and money. Power Lines make sure those resources are being invested in the most significant areas for advancement.
Power Lines also empower us to:
- Clarify expectations
- Divide and conquer obstacles – so we can choose our battles wisely
- Identify “bottle necks” impeding progress
- Recognize where we need to expand ideas and find solutions
- Discover our greatest opportunities for growth
- Prioritize our goals and objectives for improved decision making
- Track progress and achievements
The sample Power Lines below demonstrate how to identify your Power Gaps;
Column one is your declared level of importance…10 being the highest. Ask yourself – how important is this component in achieving the success in this goal, project, or area of my life?
In Column Two enter your current level of effectiveness, satisfaction or happiness.
The difference between the two is your Power Gap which is factored in Column Three. The larger the number, the more serious the gap, the more power being lost!
Closing high priority Power Gaps could mean the difference between wish and attainment.
- Identify and prioritize which Power Gaps need to be closed first to have the quickest and most powerful impact on your results.
- What Strategic Option do you need to include in your Weekly Design Strategic Worksheet and commit to in your Power Circuit?
Make it your mission to close the Power Gaps between where you are now and where you need or want to be. We will be showing you how to achieve this in upcoming tracks.
Use your highest priority “Power Gaps” as the criteria for setting your goals and outlining the most direct paths to achieving them.
Below are sample Power Lines that demonstrate how Power Gaps are subdivided and calculated.
We have provided a few Power Line Worksheets for our Empowered to Succeed partners. You will find a Life and Sales Power Line and one you can totally customize on your own.
- Achieveopedia Members please go to the full Power Line Directory located in the Command Center or in the Power Line Library in your Success Communities.
- Choose a Power Partner to follow up with to create and discuss your personal and professional Power Lines.
Big doors open on small hinges. Power Lines enable us to identify and strengthen the hinges that will open the most important doors to life’s opportunities.